Spicy Tuna Pasta Bake
Cooking Time: 15min + Cooking Time
300g Pastificio Venturino Penne Zite
2 tbsp Crudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 bottle Pastificio Venturino Passata Birra
1 tbsp dried Italian mixed herbs
1 ½ tsp salt
1-2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 packet Labbate Spicy Mixed Olives
1 jar Sapore di Mare White Tuna Fillets, drained and flaked
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated tasty cheese
Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180 C fan-forced.
2. Cook pasta following packet directions, until almost tender. Drain well and return it to the pan.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook garlic and onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until light golden.
4. Add passata, herbs, salt and chilli to mixture. Bring the sauce to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer again for 3 minutes.
5. Pour sauce over pasta in pan. Add olives and tuna and toss to combine.
6. Transfer mixture to a 12-cup-capacity baking dish and sprinkle generously with cheeses.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve sprinkled with parsley.