Chocolate Panna Cotta With Espresso Syrup
Cooking Time: 15min + Cooling Time
600ml thickened cream
1 cup (250ml) milk
2 tablespoons caster sugar
100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
2 1/2 teaspoons gelatine powder
Fresh strawberries, washed and halved, to serve
Quartieri Dragees Hazelnut, chopped, to serve
1/2 cup (125ml) Caffe Parana Coffee Ground
1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
1. Grease 8 1/2-cup (125ml) capacity dariole moulds. Combine the cream, milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
3. Place 1 tbs boiling water and the gelatine powder in a small bowl. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Add to the warm chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
4. Set aside to cool slightly. Divide evenly among the prepared moulds. Place on a baking tray and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or until set.
5. Meanwhile, to make the syrup, combine the coffee, sugar, and vanilla seeds and bean in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins or until syrup thickens. Set aside to cool completely. Strain and discard vanilla bean.
6. Turn panna cottas out onto serving plates. Drizzle with espresso syrup, Dragees and serve with strawberries.